TIES Living Lab hosted a major industry Policy Impacts Conference: A Catalyst for Change in Transport Infrastructure on Wednesday 13 July 2022 with Andrew Stephenson, Minister of State, Department for Transport who chaired a live industry roundtable.
Policy Impacts Conference: A catalyst for change
The Government is working to deliver a £650bn infrastructure programme over the next 10 years, including transport infrastructure investment. Transport infrastructure underpins our economy and has a profound impact on the daily lives of everyone in the UK.
The scale of the projected spend and the pace of this growth requires a revolution in how we deliver transport infrastructure, especially given the necessity to achieve net zero by 2050 and level up our country. This means a significant improvement in productivity, and it also means we need to invest in making sure the UK’s transport sector has the capability to deliver this transformation.
TIES Living Lab has demonstrated the power of collaboration between government, client organisations, academia and suppliers including SMEs across the built environment sector. Industry has come together to show how we can accelerate the development of innovation and technology to deliver better value for taxpayers.
New practices, systems and capabilities developed through TIES Living Lab 2-year programme will be showcased and discussed by industry leaders from across the transport sector.
The Conference was hosted by leading industry commentator Antony Oliver and other speakers and roundtable panellists included:
- Caroline Botwood, Chief Portfolio Officer, DfT
- Stuart Harvey, Chief Capital Officer, TfL
- Liz Holford, Technical Lead Social Performance, Network Rail
- Darren James, CEO, Keltbray
- Sue Kershaw, Managing Director, Costain
- Ed McCann, President, Institute of Civil Engineers
- Mike O’Hare, Commercial Director, HS2
- Ian Parker, Programme Delivery Director, East West Railway
- Nick Smallwood, CEO, Infrastructure Projects Authority
- Adam Simmons, Director Future Road Investment Strategies, National Highways